- In the late 80’s our former owner retired from a long career in mine maintenance.
- As a retirement project, our former owner took what he had learned regarding wear applications and began hardfacing products out of his own back yard under the company name S&G.
- In 1990 our former owner moved S&G into its first large shop and renamed the company Hard Wear.
- As Hard Wear grew into a major producer of overlay products the old building was expanded multiple times as well.
- After growing beyond capacity in the late 90’s plans were made to move to a larger more accommodating site.
- In 1999 Hard Wear Company moved to its current location here on Energy Lane with approximately 40 employees.
- Over the next 10 years Hard Wear increased its sales and capabilities while making (2) additional expansions to the Northport location.
- In 2011 Hard Wear was purchased by SSAB, and renamed SSAB Wear Solutions.
- With the addition of Overlay Plate, Pipe and Pin products to SSAB’s already impressive product line, we will go further than anyone to achieve our vision of a stronger, lighter and more sustainable world.
- April 2021 – SSAB Wear Solutions acquires Astralloy.
ISO 9001 certification
- SSAB Wear Solutions is ISO 9001 certified to take care of your steel requirements.